Electric Vehicle Model Based Design is the process of using using simulations to understand the working of the electric vehicle system components.
The Powertrain Systems of the Electric Vehicle such as Traction Motor, EV-Battery, Power Electronic components, Power Converters are 1-D Modelled and simulated for their behavior.
The Objective of the Modeling and Simulation is to analyze the the powertrain systems for its Performance and working behavior.
This course comprises of 8 Industry Projects on EV – Powertrain Components modeling and simulation to gain the EV industry skills and experience.
Learn the Industry Level Concepts and Simulation
- Begin the course by learning the basic and fundamentals of Electric Vehicles
- Classification of Electric vehicles in the Industry
- Electric Vehicle Technology and Architecture
- Electric Vehicle Powertrain Configurations
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles and Classifications
- Traction Motors used in Electric Vehicle Powertrain
- Battery Pack and Energy storage for electric vehicles.
- Introduction and Fundamentals of Model based Design (MBD)
- Understanding the Concept of Model Based Design with Terminologies.
- Model Based Design Process Overview
- Understand and using of Matlab and Simulink Software for MBD
- Systems, Components, 1D Modeling and Simulations
- Simulation of basic models in Simulink interface.
- Understanding the Concepts of the suspension system – Spring constant, Damping Coefficient, Forces and mass.
- Analyzing the Free Body Diagram of the Suspension system.
- Modeling of the suspension system.
- Building the suspension system model in Simulink
- Simulating the suspension system with varying load, spring constant and damping coefficient and analyzing the result of simulation .
- Performance variation of the suspension system during simulation.
- Understanding the Control System and its architecture.
- Working fundamentals of the control system.
- Modeling the Active control of the suspension system in Matlab and Simulink.
- Simulating the Active Control System of EV Suspension and understanding its performance.
- Fundamentals and Classification of Electric vehicle batteries.
- Battery Pack Terminologies and Concepts
- Electric Configuration and terminologies such as State of Charge, Open Circuit Voltage.
- Understanding the parametric data for Lithium Ion battery and cells.
- Modeling of Lithium ion battery in matlab and simulink
- Simulating the battery for its discharge and charging curves with performance.
- State of charge of battery after simulation.
- Terminal Voltage of battery post simulation.
- Finalizing the performance of the Lithium Ion battery after simulation.
- Working and Operating principle of the Traction Motor.
- Building the model for the traction motor with configurations in Simulink.
- Understanding the Torque and Back EMF of the motor.
- Setting up configurations of the motor in Simulink such as : Voltage – 240, Field Voltage – 150, RPM – 750 and 5HP Power rating.
- Running the Motor with varying loads acting on the EV Motor.
- Understanding the simulation result and performance of the motor in Simulink.
- Induction Motor working principle and operation.
- Construction and configuration of Stator and Rotor winding.
- Induction Motor configuration parameters for Electric Vehicle Powertrain.
- Induction Motor 3-Phase modeling in Simulink with phase configurations.
- Configuring the Stator and Rotor current in the induction motor model.
- Variable load configuration of the induction motor for performance validation.
- Simulating the Induction Motor model in Simulink to understand the Torque load characteristics, Rotor Speed, Torque output, Stator and Rotor Current drawn at varying load.
- Formulating the performance results of the Induction Motor after simulation for optimal behavior.
- Understanding the power electronic components in the electric vehicle.
- AC – DC Rectifier, Inverter, DC – DC Converters in the electric vehicles. Understanding the purpose and working of the power electronic components.
- Semiconductor devices used in the power electronics systems and their efficiencies for varying situations in the Electric Vehicles.
- Detailed understanding of the Power Rectifiers, single and three phase rectifiers with AC wave forms.
- Operational behavior of the half and full wave power rectifiers.
- Modeling and simulation of the Single phase half and full wave rectifier to understand the behavior with varying voltage.
- Modeling and simulation of 3-phase half and full wave rectifier to formulate the performance result of the same.
- Varying the Resistance and Voltage to understand the optimal behavior of the model in simulink.
- Understanding the DC-DC converters and its application in Electric Vehicles.
- Understand the Buck, Boost and Buck-Boost converters used for electric vehicles with its working and configurations.
- Configuring a Duty Cycle for the simulation.
- Modeling the Buck converter with varying resistance , capacitor and inductor for simulating the Buck converter to test its performance.
- Building the Boost converter model in simulink with varying operational parameter to validate its performance.
- Modeling and Simulation of the Buck -Boost converter to understand its behavior and method of application in Electric Vehicle Power Electronics circuits.
- Electric Vehicle plant specification and configurations such as : Torque, Power, Weight, Frontal Area, Drag Coefficient and wheel rolling resistance to formulate the vehicle/car dynamic model.
- Understanding the Forces acting on the vehicle such as Traction Force, Rolling resistance and Aerodynamic drag and their effect on the performance of the electric vehicle.
- Electric vehicle plant model architecture and configurations : Input Parameters, Speed Controller, Traction Motor, Battery pack, Vehicle dynamics, Inertia, Rolling Resistance, Aerodynamic drag, for modeling of the electric vehicle.
- Battery Configuration for the electric vehicle model. Configuring the Li Ion battery pack and understanding the charging and discharge voltage, battery nominal voltage and capacity.
- Understanding the configuration of the Traction motor used for the electric vehicle plant model. Motor Torque and back EMF Characteristics.
- Formulating the Tractive Forces, Aerodynamic Drag, Rolling Resistance of the EV Plant Model for simulation.
- Building the dynamic model of the Electric Vehicle plant in Simulink with varying mechanical efficiency to test the working and performance of the Electric Vehicle model.
- Formulating the speed and acceleration characteristics of the vehicle model during simulation to optimal performance.
- Controlling the speed and acceleration of the electric vehicle model by varying the torque and performance output of the Traction Motor.
- Finalizing the performance results of the Electric Vehicle Model in Simulink.
electric vehicle domain
TECHNICAL SKILLS YOU GAIN
Software Based learning
Learn the Industry Level Modeling and Simulation Software in the course.
8 -Industry Projects
Practical Project Based Course
Learn how to Build EV Powertrain Models and Simulate for their performance.
EV Industry Experience
Build 8 – Industry level EV Powertrain Projects to gain equivalent experience.
Course Completion Certificate
Receive the EV Powertrain Modeling and Simulation Course Certificate.
Course Fee :
Limited Period Offer : 1999/-
Register here to receive more details