Learn how to Tune Automotive ECU’s and gain the knowledge of how engine calibration works.
- ECU tuning and remap is the process of making changes to the data inside the ECU to bring about performance changes to the working / behavior of the engine.
- ECU Calibration is the Technical word used for it.
- Discover the concepts and terminologies of ECU Tuning (Engine Calibration) used in the Automotive Industry and the tuning strategies taken to calibrate the engine.
- Learn how to tune and remap the ECU based the requirements such as for Race Applications, Motorsports, Fuel Efficiency or for devloping Performace engines.
- On completion of the ECU tuning course you will know how to Tune OEM and Standalone ECU’s with complete understanding of Engine Calibration and Control Parameters.
- Develop your Skill Sets in terms of Engine and ECU Calibration to enhance your career as a Mechanical Engineer or Automobile Engineer.
Learn the Industry Concepts and Terminologies
- Begin with learning about the basic engine parts and how engines work by understanding the 4 stroke cycle
- Know the complete engine concepts used in the automotive domian required to tune/calibrate the ECU
- Learn the engine performance parameters and how they can be varied
- Concepts – Engine Displacement, Cylinder Ratios, Compression Ratios, Piston Speed, BHP & Torque, Mean Effective Pressure, Exhaust Intake Ratio, Fuel Systems, BSFC, Fuel Injector Sizing, Combustion Science and Air Fuel Ratios.
Sensors and Actuators
- Learn the Sensor and Actuators systems required to Tune/Calibrate the ECU
- Sensor systems – MAF, MAP, TPS, Crankshaft Position, Camshaft Position, Acclerator Pedal Position, ECT, IAT, Oil Temperature, EGT, O2 , Knock sensors.
- Actuators systems – Fuel Injectors, Electric Fuel Pump, Electronic Ignition System, Electronic Throttle Control, Idle Air Control.
ECU / Engine Tuning Concepts
- Understanding the Engine operation concepts is important for ECU tuning process.
- Concepts covered – Air Fuel & Combustion, Emissions, Rich & lean Application table, Torque & AFR, Fuel Efficiency & Consumption graph, EFI Technology, Fuel Injector Properties variation, Injector Flow rate, Injector Calculation & Sizing, Ignition, Spark Timing, Spark Application Table, Engine Knocking.
Understanding The ECU and Tuning
- Learn the ECU Architecture and Working.
- The Foundation for tuning and understanding of base maps in ECU.
- Detailed understanding of Spark, AFR and VE Maps and its purposes.
- Learn the Map/Table Zones and how it effects the Engine Behavior and Performance.
- The Tuning Startegies used for Race Application, Motorsports and OEM with detailed learning of the strategy.
- Volumetric Efficiency calculations and Tuning process.
- Project 1 – Single Cylinder Motorcycle Engine Tuning.
- Learning and understanding the ECU Tuning Software Architecture.
ECU Tuning Process
- Begin learning by modeling the Air and Fuel Flow.
- Understanding the Engine Loading Concept and tuning based on loads.
- Tuning – Project 2 and example of 1.5 liter inline 4 engine with turbo induction.
- Tuning the ECU from start as per requirements.
- Safety measures and Avoiding Engine Knocking.
- Additional Parameters – Accleration Enrichment, Starup maps and corrections, Generating more power, Forced Induction and additional output controls.
Tuning Setups and Suggestions
- Understanding basic setups for Tuning.
- Learn the ECU adder setups – Firing order, Post start enrichment, Cruise control, Knock control, Speed warning and Speed limiter.
- Concept of Interceptors.
- Standalone ECU Cofiguration.
- Learn how tuning can alter the Emission and how they are controlled.
- Performance fuels.
- Tuning Suggestions
Technical Skills you get
Develop the Technical Skills to grade up your career in the Automotive Domain
Learn the Industry Software used for ECU Calibration. We will provide you with the ECU Tuning software.
Project based learning
Build your own Tuning and Calibration Projects for Motorcycles and Cars based on the course knowledge.
Certificate of Completion
Showcase your Technical Skills on your Resume to Scale up your Career in the Automotive Domain.
- Course Delivery Mode – Self Paced Online Course, with limited students per batch.
- Course Duration – 6 hours of coursework + Software Practice
- Pre-requisits – This course is designed for Mechanical and Automobile Engineering Students/Graduates.
- Prior-Knowledge – No Prior knowledge required, software fundamentals and basics will be covered.
- Certification – Course Completetion certificate.
Engineering Students / Graduates